New York, NY – July 31st, 2014 – Announced this year at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel is excited to announce a brand new limited series spinning out of the events of Spider-Verse, SCARLET SPIDERS, written by Mike Costa (Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special, A+X) and artist Paco Diaz (Superior Spider-Man).
This November, Kaine, the Ultimate Universe’s Jessica Drew, and an alternate universe Ben Reilly undertake a quest to stop the evil behind the events of Spider-Verse once and for all — a quest so dangerous that not all of them will make it out alive!
New York, NY—July 29th, 2013— This coming November, the Marvel Universe’s newest star is about to show you why she’s the most dangerous in ANGELA: ASGARD’S ASSASSIN #1 – the newest ongoing series launching as part of Avengers NOW! The star-studded creative team of Kieron Gillen, Marguerite Bennett, Phil Jimenez and Stephanie Hans show you a side of Angela you’ve never seen before, as she cuts a bloody swath across the Marvel Universe!
The finest warrior of the Tenth Realm, she has been trained all her life to hate Asgard with every fiber of her being. But following the events of Original Sin: Thor & Loki – The Tenth Realm, she must confront the truth of her lineage. She is the daughter of Odin. The sister of Thor. An Asgardian. Now, she has been cast out from the Tenth Realm, and wants nothing to do Asgard. What does she want? A clean slate. And she’ll cut down anyone in the Ten Realms who stands in her way!
New York, NY—July 28th, 2014— This November, Sam Wilson takes the Mighty Avengers higher, further and bigger than ever before in CAPTAIN AMERICA & THE MIGHTY AVENGERS #1 – an all-new series launching as part of Avengers NOW! Fan-favorite Mighty Avengers scribe Al Ewing returns along with new series artist Luke Ross for a new series with a new mission spinning directly out of the upcoming Avengers & X-Men: AXIS!
Sam Wilson has inherited his new patriotic moniker, but is he up to the task of leading a team of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes? The hero formerly known as Falcon has some new ideas for the rag-tag team of Mighty Avengers – but the events of AXIS may spell doom for the inexperienced leader. And not everyone on the team is happy with Sam’s new position as leader. Spider-Man is back, too – Amazing this time, NOT Superior. Luke Cage & Jessica Jones are still itching to give him some payback for trying to take their daughter to Child Services. And what is Luke Cage doing meeting with the head of the notorious Cortex corporation?
If you’re a fan of the Canadian TV drama Orphan Black, you have plenty to be thankful for these days. The second season recently wrapped up, and a third season has been greenlit for release in 2015. And now we’ve learned that the mythology of Orphan Black will be expanding into other media.
IDW announced during Comic-Con that they’ve acquired the rights to produce an Orphan Black comic book. While the creative team have yet to be revealed, IDW said that they’re working closely with the show’s producers to take advantage of the storytelling possibilities afforded by the show’s second season.
For those who don’t follow Orphan Black, the show stars Tatiana Maslany as Sarah Manning, a con-artist who witnesses the suicide of a woman who looks just like her. Sarah assumes the dead woman’s identity and career as a police detective in order to investigate the mystery. Manning discovers she is one of many clones caught up in a vast conspiracy. It’s unclear right now whether the comic will also star Manning, or if IDW will focus on other areas of the Orphan Black mythos.
“Orphan Black, in addition to being a captivating TV series, is a perfect premise for comics,” said IDW’s Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief Chris Ryall in the company’s press release. “And as the second season has expanded the series in exciting new directions, that has only increased the amount of stories we’ll be able to tell in comic-book form.”
Orphan Black #1 will be released at some point in early 2015.
The Marvel Spider-Man panel (Across the Spider-Verse) wrapped up a few moments ago, and here’s our summary of what was covered.
- If you aren’t familiar with the Spider-verse event, it features the villain Morlun trying to wipe out all Spider-men (and women) across all of existence at the same time.
- Spider-Verse kicks off in Superior Spider-Man #32. Superior Spider-Man finds himself trapped in the year 2099! Can you say Miguel O’Hara? The issue is written by Dan Slott and Christos Gage with art by Giuseppe Camuncoli and Adam Kubert.
- If you have seen the big image, you know who will be part of the event – Miles Morales, Spider-Ham, Peter Parquagh, Superior Spider-Man, MC2 Spider-Girl, Japanese Spider-Man, and more (Spider-Man Noir and Spider-Gwen for example).
- Look for the Scarlet Spiders and Spider-Verse Team-Up miniseries during the big event.
- Scarlet Spiders will feature Ben Reilly, Kaine, and Jessica Drew from the Ultimate Universe. The three-issue mini-series will be writen by Mike Costa with art by Paco Diaz. The mini-series kicks off in November.
- Spider-Verse Team-up will feature a story by Christos Gage and Dave Williams and a second story by a rotating group of writers and artists.
- Have you picked up Spider-Man 2099 #1? (the new series by Nick Lowe, not the issue from 1999). Miguel is in the present time working for Alchemex. Issue #5 will be the Spider-Verse tie-in issue.
- No idea why the panel talked about Daredevil (perhaps because Mark Waid was moderating the panel), but issue #6 ties into Original Sin, features Matt Murdock finding his mother (who is being extradited to Wakanda), and deals with some “real issues.”
- Speaking of Original Sin, we all know by now that there was another person bitten by the radioactive spider that gave Peter Parker his powers. She’s been locked up for years, and we’re about to see what Silk is all about.
- Readers will get to know more about Overdrive in issue #14 of Superior Foes of Spider-Man.
- The Edge of Spider-Verse series kicks off in October and will be weekly for five weeks. First week will feature Spider-Man Noir, week two has Spider-Gwen, and week three has a non-Peter Parker Spider-Man (Spider-Ham perhaps?). Issue #4 arrives in November and is by Clay McLeod Chapman, and Elia Bonnetti. The final issue features an alternate universe Spider-Man called SPI//dr.
- Spider-Man teams up with Ms. Marvel in Amazing Spider-Man #7. Also look for a new hero – Spider UK.
- MC2 Spider-Girl shows up in Amazing Spider-Man #8.
- “There’s rough stuff in store for every Spider character you’ve ever cared about! I’m very sorry,” said Dan Slott.
- Spider-Man Unlimited, will be a mobile game app that launches in September, and looks to be a Temple Run type game. Players will be able to play 23 different Spider-Men.
- No Spider-Man co-created by Sony (movies, and CGI cartoons) will appear in the Spider-Verse event.
- Spider-Verse affects everything! That’s according to Dan Slott.